OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSOCIATION
To promote strategies to facilitate activities related to Communications, Networking, Security, Communication Middleware, Software and related areas such as Applications and Services.
- To help create professional interest communities or special interest groups in the areas of communications, networking and related areas.
- To enable and sponsor world class conferences, workshops, symposiums with an objective of creating a world class gathering of researchers from academia and industry, practitioners, business leaders, intellectual property experts and venture capitalists, providing a launch pad for new innovative business and technology.
- To create, manage and provide grants towards travel of students and faculty in order to attend conferences, workshops, seminars etc both domestic as well as at international level.
- To encourage recognition of related activities in communication systems and networking related activities performed by individuals or groups and promote awards.
- To assist the development of volunteer leaders among members and promote their representation in appropriate COMSNETS organizational units.
- To interact with other similar institutions having similar objectives for mutual benefit.
- To work and collaborate with other non – profit professional organizations such as academic institutions, government departments, IEEE, ACM, CSI, INAE etc.
- To foster the growth of basic research and education in Computer, Communications and Networking in India.
- To help disseminate advanced knowledge to the Computer Communications and networking community engaged in high level teaching, research and developmental activities.
- To contribute to increased interaction among Electronics and Communication Engineers and scientists in India and their counterparts abroad.
- To improve the quality of Communications software practice in India and abroad.
- Interact with governmental agencies/bodies to identify and support emerging thrust areas in electronics, communications and networking.